Doing laundry is an important part of our house chores. Hotels, restaurants, and resorts have to do laundry in bulk. From sheets, towels, table covers and napkins, and other linens need to be clean and smelling fresh. But do you have any idea what are the different laundry chemicals used to keep these piles of sheets and textiles crisp, fresh, and stain-free?
Laundry chemicals include pre-spotters, detergents, detergent boosters, neutralizers, bleaches, de-stainers, and fabric softeners. Take a look at the descriptions of each laundry aid to know which solution works best for your specific laundry needs.
- Pre-spotters come in liquid formulation which is used to remove oil, make-up, grease, dirt, and other tough stains. Pre-spotters eliminate stubborn dirt or stains before washing.
- Detergents are the main laundry cleaning agents to get rid of dust, dirt, oil, and, stains which are made of synthetic surfactant, chelating agents, enzymes, fragrances, and optical brighteners.
Detergents are available in three (3) forms: solid, liquid, and powder. Liquid detergent works well in all water temperatures. On the other hand, powder detergent works best with warm water to dissolve.
- Detergent boosters are used together with laundry detergents to improve stain removal. The uses of these boosters also enhance the cleaning performance of laundry detergent at the same time conditioning the water for optimal results.
- Neutralizers remove residual alkali and mineral deposits in the water. Neutralizers’ also known as souring agents are responsible for controlling the PH of the linen to cut down possible skin irritation. By removing the high mineral deposits in the water, neutralizers prevent the linen from turning yellowish or grayish.
- Bleaches are laundry cleaning aids used to remove stubborn stains not removed during the wash cycle, brighten and whiten fabrics. Laundry chemicals like bleaches or de-stainers turn the soil into soluble particles that are then eliminated by laundry detergents. Laundry bleaches are available in two types: chlorine and oxygen.
Chlorine bleach is primarily used for white linens as a brightening agent. It can also be used to disinfect fabrics while oxygen bleach is or commonly known as “color safe” bleach is gentle and safe for use on almost all washable fabrics.
- Fabric softeners are added to the final rinse to make the fabrics fluffier and softer. Fabric softeners reduce the wrinkles on fabrics, thus making ironing easier and faster.
- Enzyme presoaks are for heavily stained or soiled fabrics. Presoaks are used for soaking linens before washing. Also, when added to wash water, presoaks enhance the cleaning performance of laundry detergents.
- Starches and fabric finishes these laundry aids are used in the final rise to make the fabrics more soil resistant.
Laundry chemicals and solutions contribute to the overall performance of laundry detergents. These laundry aids and products have precise benefits and advantages to achieve effective laundry washing and cleaning.
For optimal results, use laundry products that suit your fabric needs, wash methods, and washing equipment. With so many products available in the market, it is important to know what products are meant for your needs.
Wash IQ offers laundry machine chemicals, and a variety of professional laundry solutions nationwide and to the following counties: Alameda County, Alpine County, Amador County, Butte County, Calaveras County, Colusa County, Contra Costa County, Del Norte County, El Dorado County, Fresno County, Glenn County, Humboldt County, Imperial County, Inyo County, Kern County, Kings County, Lake County, Lassen County, Los Angeles County, Madera County, Marin County, Mariposa County, Mendocino County, Merced County, Modoc County, Mono County, Monterey County, Napa County, Nevada County, Orange County, Placer County, Plumas County, Riverside County, Sacramento County, San Benito County, San Bernardino County, San Diego County, City and County of San Francisco, San Joaquin County, San Luis Obispo County, San Mateo County, Santa Barbara County, Santa Clara County, Santa Cruz County, Shasta County, Sierra County, Siskiyou County, Solano County, Sonoma County, Stanislaus County, Sutter County, Tehama County, Trinity County, Tulare County, Tuolumne County, Ventura County, Yolo County, Yuba County